We hope that you’re loving your new Monarch Hair Extensions! Don’t forget that those beauties need pampering. If you treat your extensions right and use our product recommendations, they’ll last a long time. Hair Extensions can NOT use the same products as natural hair, they are an investment, and your clients will need to purchase the correct products to avoid issues.
Here are some measures that you can take to keep your hair extensions looking healthy and new. Your extensions can last 2-3 move-ups when properly maintained.
- Use a boar bristle brush. It prevents tangles and won’t pull or catch the extensions.
- Brush hair 2 to 3 times a day and before showering or wetting hair. Hold the roots of your hair with one hand while brushing in a downward motion with the other. Brush gently and pay particular attention to bonds.
- Avoid salty or chlorinated water. Salt and chlorine harm your extensions just like they harm your natural hair.
- Apply all oils and sprays from the mid-shaft to ends avoiding the bonds completely.
- Use only our recommended shampoos and styling products. Use only products that are for smoothing, moistutizing including a Shampoo, Conditioner, leave-in conditioner, oil, and hairspray.
- Wash your hair too often. We recommend washing the hair as infrequently as possible and use a dry shampoo to absorb oils and make your hair feel and smell fresh between shampoos. Certain hard or mineral intense water may also deteriorate bonds or the condition of the hair.
- Go to bed with your hair wet. Once completely dry, braid hair or tie it in a loose ponytail on top of your head.
- Overuse heat tools. Just like with natural hair, too much mechanical heat will damage hair.
- Chemically process the hair. Avoid any hair products that lighten natural color, create waves or straighten natural curl.
- Do not use any volumizing, color protectant shampoo,conditioner, or products. These types of products will swell the cuticle and ruin your extensions.
- Avoid any products that contain panthenol and sunflower extract both ingredients will dry out the hair and cause damage to the extensions.
PRODUCT RECOMMENDATIONS BY BRAND
Before using any product not recommended on our styling list please email us your questions.
- Hydra Source
- Hydra Source
- Hydra Source Masque
- Repair Inside Mask
- Smooth Setter
- Exquisite Oil Protective Treatment
- Strength Cure Shampoo
- Nano Works Gold Shampoo
- Strength Cure Conditioner
- Nano Works Gold Conditioner
- Strength Cure Restorative Masque
- Strength Cure Fabulous Lengths Treatment
- Strength Cure Split End Salve
- Colour Fanatic
- Hydrate Shine Max
- all-soft shampoo
- all-soft conditioner
- all-soft heavy cream
- one united
- all-soft argan-6
- pillow proof 2-day extender